Terms & conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use of The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V.'s Global Banking & Markets Internet Web Site.
We are a member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group (the Group). For information about our Group of companies please visit www.rbs.com and click on 'About Us', or for similar enquiries please telephone 0131 556 8555
This website is owned and maintained by The Royal Bank of Scotland Group ("RBS"). The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions which you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
RBS, the DAISY symbol and The Royal Bank of Scotland are trade marks of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group N.V.
Use of website
1. The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and informational purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group ("the RBS Group") to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by the RBS Group for personal use and for informational purposes only.
2. Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of TURKEY only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
3. Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion it is issued and approved for distribution and use in TURKEY only.
4. This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal information". This Important Information will contain important details and relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
Exclusion of liability
5. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
6. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in TURKEY or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
7. We accept no liability (including without limitation) in either contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- special or incidental loss or damage, suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and these terms and conditions.
8. Access to and use of this website is at the user's own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
9. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of the RBS Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
10. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental loss or damage.
11. We may use and share your information with other members of the Group to help us
- assess financial and insurance risks;
- recover debt;
- develop customer relationships, services and systems;
- prevent and detect crime;
Your information includes information about your transactions.
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside the Group except:
- where we have your permission; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law; or
- to other companies who provide a service to us or you where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement.
From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we shall write to you. If you do not object to the change within 15 days, you consent to that change.
12. The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
13. This website contains numerous trade marks belonging to The Royal Bank of Scotland Group N.V. and other companies in the RBS Group. These trade marks include, but are not limited to, The Royal Bank of Scotland logo, The Royal Bank of Scotland and RBS. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group or a member of the RBS Group, please contact us for clarification at the registered office address below.
14. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. In particular, you should obtain advice from a qualified expert before making any investment decision.
Changes to website
15. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification and the RBS Group shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
16. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, the RBS Group reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains.
Other Important Information
17. The information, and any opinion contained in this website does not constitute a public offer under any applicable legislation or an offer to sell or solicitation or an offer to buy any securities or financial instruments or any advice or recommendation with respect to such securities or other financial instruments.
18. The information contained in this website is subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, all other publicly available information, including, where relevant any fuller disclosure document published by RBS. Any person at any time acquiring the securities must do so only on the basis of such person's own judgement as to the merits of the suitability of the securities for its purposes and only on such information as is contained such in public information having taken all such professional or other advice as it considers necessary or appropriate in the circumstances and not in reliance on the information contained herein. The information is not tailored for any particular investor and does not constitute individual investment advice.
19. Information in this website relating to the price at which investments have been bought or sold in the past or the yield on investments cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
20. The financial information published or to be published on this website, or made available or to be made available through this website, such as annual reports and quarterly reports, is compiled and placed on this website with the greatest of care. Nevertheless, only the original hard-copy English versions of this information shall be regarded as the original version. No rights may be derived from financial information published or to be published on this website, or available or to be made available through this website, including with regard to its accuracy and completeness.
21. In addition, it should be noted that the annual report and accounts of the RBS Group which are published on this website or made available through this website, may be subject to adoption by the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of the RBS Group for the year to which the report and accounts relate.
22. In the event any provision of these terms and conditions of use and access of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes the closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
23. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of Turkey and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Turkish courts.
24. The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V., Head Office Amsterdam, Istanbul Main Branch; Registered in Istanbul Trade Registry Office Under No: 19901-4992 Registered Office : Tamburi Ali Efendi Sokak No:13 34337 Etiler, Istanbul
Notice to Customers
25. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, all financial institutions are required by law to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each individual or entity that opens an account.